CTS 250K Audio Taper Pro Guitar Pot w/Long Brass Shaft & Bushing. These are the highest grade pots available from CTS. Unlike most standard pots that have pot metal threaded bushings and aluminum shafts, our CTS pots are custom made with solid brass shafts and brass threaded bushings that provide a super smooth feel with low noise operation and superior durability. Specifically designed for top performance in guitar volume and tone circuits.
- Low capacitance heavy duty carbon resistive element provides noise-free audio and a long life.
- Tight tolerance of +10%/-10% prevents tone loss from load mismatches and low pot values. (Standard pot values can vary by +/-20%!)
- Audio taper provides more even and consistent volume and tone operation than standard pots.
- Solid brass shaft provides a smooth feel, noise free operation and longer service life than aluminum shafts.
- Fine spline (USA) shaft for use as a direct upgrade/replacement in most American guitars.
- Includes friction washer, top washer & mounting nut.
|Shaft Material:||Brass||Threaded Shaft Length:||3/4" (.75")|
|Shaft Type:||Split Knurled||Threaded Shaft Material:||Brass|
|Spline Count(Type):||24 (Fine)||Threaded Shaft Diameter:
|Spline Height:||3/8" (.375")||Thread Pitch:
3 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
It's hard to find 250k Long shaft potentiometers!! These are good quality - I had installed a pot made by Bournes, but the knob was so easy to turn that it would move if you breathed on it, lol! - on a guitar that's not good I put these on and they are smooth but have just a bit of resistance to turning - which is a good thing! Didn't fall apart when I tightened the nuts (which happens regularly on some pots) I'm happy!
rugged and well made
I was rewriting my Les Paul and needed to find a pot with the proper taper. I removed the PCB board from the guitar and went through 3 sets of pot before I found these. The taper is perfect for me. I also wanted pots that would attenuate some of the high end I wasn’t digging. These, again were perfect! Just for the hell of it I put the multimeter to the pots and sure enough, they fell well within the advertised 10%. Couldn’t be happier! Highly recommended!!!