The HCP Humbucker Control Pot is a dual mode coil tap selector that eliminates the additional switches associated with coil splitting a pair of humbuckers. In TAP mode, rotating the pot counterclockwise fades from humbuckers to single coils (Neck South coil & Bridge North coil). Pulling the HCP control up and rotating it counterclockwise fades from humbuckers to single coils Coils (Neck North coil & Bridge South coil). Tonal control is expanded with the unique ability to coil tap both humbuckers in varying amounts. In COIL FILTER mode, turning the HCP control applies varying amounts of a specially tuned high frequency filter to only one coil of the selected coils of the humbuckers (either North or South coils can be filtered). This makes each pickup a single coil at high frequencies and a humbucker at lower frequencies which produces a sound similar to a pair of single coils but with a stronger, fuller tone and 50% less noise than coil tapping.
HCP Humbucker Control Pot Features:
- Accesses North & South / Inner & Outer Coils.
- Provides varying amounts of coil tapping for both pickups.
- Variable "Coil Filter Modes" provide new tonal options.
- Completely passive-No battery needed.
- Works with any multi-wire humbuckers.
- Use with a pair of humbuckers or a single humbucker.
- No affect on tone at full clockwise setting.
HCP Humbucker Control Pot Specifications:
- Shaft Material/Type: Aluminum/Split Knurl
- Spline Count/Type: 18 Spline/Coarse
- Spline Height: 3/8".375"
- Threaded Shaft Material/Length: Brass-3/8" (.375")
- Threaded Shaft Diameter/Thread Pitch: 3/8" (32NEF)
- Required Cavity Depth: 1.1"
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I have installed these in two of my custom builds so far and I love the results. They give you such a range of sound possibilities. The only concern that made me give a 4 star instead of 5 is that I have used a bunch of the push pull tone filters in the past and the pots got scratchy fairly quickly. Hoping that doesn't happen with these.
Simply, it works great - just as described. it adds a lot of versatility to my setup. Highly recommend for anyone that wants both the single coil and humbucker functionality.