The HCP Humbucker Coil-Tap Control Pot is a dual mode adjustable coil tap selector that eliminates the additional switches associated with coil splitting a pair of humbuckers. In TAP mode, rotating the pot counterclockwise fades from humbuckers to single coils (Neck South coil & Bridge North coil). Pulling the HCP control up and rotating it counterclockwise fades from humbuckers to single coils (Neck North coil & Bridge South coil). Tonal control is expanded with the unique ability to coil tap both humbuckers in varying amounts.
In COIL FILTER mode, turning the HCP control applies varying amounts of a specially tuned high frequency filter to the selected coil(s) of the humbuckers (either North or South coils can be filtered). This makes the pickup a single coil at high frequencies and a humbucker at lower frequencies which produces a sound similar to a pair of single coils but with a stronger, fuller tone and 50% less noise than coil tapping. Made in USA by Precision Music Technologies.
HCP Humbucker Control Pot Features:
- Accesses North & South / Inner & Outer Coils.
- Provides varying amounts of coil tapping for both pickups.
- Complete control of two humbuckers with a single pot.
- Variable "Coil Filter Modes" provide new tonal options.
- Completely passive-No battery needed.
- Works with any multi-wire humbuckers.
- Use with a pair of humbuckers or a single humbucker.
- No affect on tone at full clockwise setting.
- Made in USA
HCP Humbucker Control Pot Specifications:
- Shaft Material/Type: Aluminum/Split Knurl
- Spline Count/Type: 18 Spline/Coarse
- Spline Height: 3/8".375"
- Threaded Shaft Material/Length: Brass-3/8" (.375")
- Threaded Shaft Diameter/Thread Pitch: 3/8" (32NEF)
- Required Cavity Depth: 1.1"
3 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
this is an elegant idea, unique and well executed. I installed this on a Les Paul, including the optional filter dpdt, and it adds several useful additional tones. this device is based on a bourns 500k audio taper pot. I would love to see a 250k version (which could be no-load, if necessary), because most of the action occurs at the low end of the rotation and the lower pot value would provide better control.
I have installed these in two of my custom builds so far and I love the results. They give you such a range of sound possibilities. The only concern that made me give a 4 star instead of 5 is that I have used a bunch of the push pull tone filters in the past and the pots got scratchy fairly quickly. Hoping that doesn't happen with these.
Simply, it works great - just as described. it adds a lot of versatility to my setup. Highly recommend for anyone that wants both the single coil and humbucker functionality.